Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Moving

One of the nice things about homeschooling year-round is that when you need to, or want to take a break, you can. We took a couple weeks break while packing and moving. We have started to settle in, so now we're exploring our new city and getting connected.

For an introvert, I've gotten good at putting myself out there. Not that it isn't draining and even a little scary, but it is necessary to get connected to people. I realized many moms are lonely. Not in a desperate way, just needing company and really don't know how to get that bit of adult conversation time that they need since their needs come last when kids are little. I know, because I am one of them. At least I used to be.

The kids are liking all the new places to explore. New parks, new trails, new adventures. We are choosing to be brave. The sooner we get connected, the sooner we can settle in.




No comments: