Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Homeschool Log: Library Day

Today our big thing was going to the Library. Didn't make it to story time because it has been moved inconveniently to her regular nap time. They have drastically cut library hours this fall and it is amazing that we can make it there at all. I'm not really sure if she has the attention span for story time, but one of these days we will try it out.

Blueberry was not very interested in the books today, but we went and she saw many other children reading while we were there. I think the exposure is something meaningful. There is a dollhouse and some blocks in the children's area that I let her play with for a while. She pointed to many things and either said their name or asked me what they were. She said "book" a lot, there was a big stuffed Flounder (from the Little Mermaid) and she said "fish" and gave it a "hug". She often says "hug" when she gives one. There was a Mother Goose riding a Goose hanging from the ceiling and she pointed to it and said "duck" and I said "it is like a duck, only it is a goose" and she repeated "goose". There was a giant bee and she ran up to it and pointed and said "yellow" and I confirmed that it was yellow and told her it was a bee.

I think she had a great time. On the way out I picked up the books I had reserved (great system for busy moms) and we checked out.

No comments: